I seriously love being a mom! It is amazing to me how much you can love someone who has only been in your life for such a short amount of time. William and I Love Kadynce so much and couldn't imagine our life without. She is the perfect addition to our family. We can't wait for our family to grow even more and feel the Kadynce was the perfect start. We love every second that we are able to spend with her and I am so glad that I have been able to spend so much time with her while I have been on maternity leave. It is going to be so hard to leave her at home, but at least I know she will be well taken care of by my mom.
Kadynce has had a few firsts this month. She had her first Dr. visit with Dr. Richard Strong on the 2nd of March. They just did a well baby check since we delivered at IMC and they did not see her there. Her stats were as follows:
Kadynce has had a few firsts this month. She had her first Dr. visit with Dr. Richard Strong on the 2nd of March. They just did a well baby check since we delivered at IMC and they did not see her there. Her stats were as follows:
Weight: 7.5 lbs-41%
Height: 20.28 in- 72%
Head circumference: 14.1 in- 68%
I think that her height decreased from her first visit because of the cone head she had when she was born. On March 3rd, I was talking Kadynce and I said, "do you need a bum change?" William and I both swear that she responded with, "Yep" so, we are counting that as her first word.
Kadynce had her first photo shoot on March 5th, which she hated. She cried through the entire thing. On the 9th she had her first bottle and on the 10th her first babysitter, my mom. She did awesome and was really good for my mom. On the 14th she had her two week Dr. visit. At this visit they had to do a few blood tests where they prick her heels to get the blood. However, this was quite a task because for some reason, Kadynce is not much of a bleeder and her blood clots very fast. She had to be pricked 3 times before they got all the blood they needed. she did awesome though and barely cried. At her 2 week appointment these were her stats:
Weight: 8.38 lbs- 48%
Height:20.87 in-68%
Head Circumference: 14.5 in- 69%
March 16th was the first time that she slept throught the night. I woke up kind of in a panic because I was shocked that she didn't wake up. I shot out of bed and looked over to make sure she was still breathing. Of coarse she was, sleeping like and angel! William was a little worried that she went all night without eating since she was so little, so he asked that I wake up and feed her at least one time in the night. Easy enough for him to say. Since that day she hasn't slept quite as long, but usually about 6-7 hours at a time.
My favorite thing and most memorable thing that she does right now is the noise that she makes when she gets fussy and I try to give her a binky. When you stick the binky in her mouth and she is crying, she makes this funny pig noise, "oinka, oinka"! It is kind of sad, but super cute!
I decided that I would take a picture of her in every outfit that she has since there are so many and they are all so cute. This way I can remember all of her outfits. Also, we figured we would be taking her picture so often that it would be a good way for us to watch her growth.
This is how we found our little angel after the car ride home from the hospital. So sweet!
First time in her new swing. She loves this and spends a lot of time napping here!

Tenley was the first friend that came to visit. They have a lot of matching outfits so we thought it would be cute to take their picture.

Tenley was the first friend that came to visit. They have a lot of matching outfits so we thought it would be cute to take their picture.
Tiny little feet! How sweet. Tenley and Kadynce are not much different in size but there is a little difference in their feet.
I woke up one morning to this beautiful sillhouette of William and Kadynce!
All bundled up after her first bath at home on February 28th.

Connie brought the kids over to see the baby on March 2nd and Lyla was loving on Kadynce. She was being a little shy about haveing her picture taken, but I think we got a few cute ones.

Newborn picture taken by stuffed animal to track her growth.
This is how we often find her after a ride in the car. Bows are so cute, but I am sure they are annoying for babies.
Before we got this picture, Kadynce was screaming. I love how she posed and her facial expression.

She looks so tiny in this picture.
Look at those darling faces. She is such a cuddly baby and naps so much better if she is cuddling with someone, especially daddy!

She is just like mom when she sleeps. Mouth wide open! She sill probably swollow a lot of spiders in her lifetime!

Grandpa De Jong and a sweet little bear.
Isn't she the cutest bear you have ever seen?
Looks like there is a flower growing out of her head
Baby bear starring at her Grandma De Jong

Oh so sleepy!
Bath time!
Kisses from momma. I think she thinks my lips are something else.

Aunt Jeni, Uncle Clay, Ethan, and Emily drove out from Texas to see our sweet baby! It was so fun to see them and we miss them already.

William happened to capture this precious picture of her smiling in her sleep.
Now that is what I would call milk drunk!
First St. Patrick's Day
Ethan loved holding Kadynce, and I think she loved it too.


My mom bought Kadynce the most adorable little flip flops, but obviously Kadynce didn't love them since she only has one of them on in this picture.
1 month old today!
When tiffany took her newborn pictures I never got any of her completely naked. It just completely slipped my mind since she was so naughty for pictures. So, I took my turn at being a photographer and I am quite pleased with how some of the pictures turned out.





No comments:
Post a Comment