Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend: Fun, Family, and Food!

We started off the weekend on Sunday with a hike up Clarks trail in corner canyon. It was such a beautiful day and there was no way to keep ourselves from spending time outside. The trail was the perfect distance bing 3 miles roundtrip. The view from the trail was amazing. For most of the hike you could see the Draper temple and it looked stunning. I have never thought much of the architecture of that temple, but my opinion is changed for sure now. I can't wait for what the rest of the summer has to bring by way of hiking. I love hiking, expecially with my family.

Of coarse, Lyla pulling a silly face
Lyla in the backpack just chillin'

I guess she got embarassed

On view of the temple from the trail

Higher up on the trail


What up David?

Isn't she beautiful?


The girls


The boys (and Lyla)


The kiddos


Weirdos


What does Kelsy taste like Kristin?

Happy children at the beginning of the hike


View from the lower part of the trail

On Memorial Day we spent all day with William's family. First thing in the morning, Connie, Robert, Rosie, and I went on a 10 mile bike ride around West Jordan. It was so amewome to do with the family since it is something that I love to do. I hope that this becomes a regular occurance because it is so fun. Later that afternoon we went over to Connie and Robert's house for a barbeque. The girls put on a little singing performance for us and then we went to the park to play. First we played soccer and then we played tag. I forgot how much energy it takes to play those games. I wish I were a kid again with endless energy.

Lyla Loves to take pictures and she let me take this adorable picture of her and William

Lyla loves making funny faces

Big hugs!


Half smile, silly Lyla

Did you just take a picture of me?


Kids playing frisbee
Daniel and were exhausted after teaming up as freeze tag partners

No comments: