Friday, February 18, 2011

Life So Far With Kadynce

So I figured since I am about 1 week away from Kadynce joining our family I should probaby do a post about my pregnancy. William and I could not be more excited for our new addition. We both feel so blessed to have a baby joining our family. We started trying to have a baby in March. Nobody ever tells you how frustrating trying to get pregnant can be. I have always kind of felt that as soon as we started trying we would get pregnant right away. Little did I know that the window of opportunity for getting pregnant is very small. So in April and May I took a few pregnancy tests because I was late. Both months I got negative results and a rew days later started from square one. However in June I was late again. So of coarse I thought, maybe I was pregnant. I was told not to waste my money on the expensive pregnancy tests and to just buy them at the dollar store. So just before father's day I went to the dollar store and bought 4 tests. I took one every day that I was late hoping that I could celebrate William's first Father's day. To my disappointment, each test came back negative. Within these few days I recieved a phone call from my best friend Alissa Miller. She really didn't want to tell me her news, but she was calling me to tell me she was pregnant. I was to happy for her, but so sad for myself. I had wanted a baby since William and I had been married. I told Alissa about my negative pregnancy tests and she suggested that I go buy an expensive digital test because of the fact that I was almost a week late. I went and bought it that night but swore to myself that I wouldn't take it for a few more days. However, that night I woke up really haveing to use the bathroom (which for all who know me, never happens). I decided that I couldn't wait and I took the test. The minute to follow seemed like and eternity and I was shocked to see the test read "pregnant"! I was so excited that I runned into my bedroom, jumped on top of William and yelled "I'm Pregnant"! It was such an amazing feeling that I can't even describe very well.

After that I made it to about 8 weeks before I started to get sick. I thought maybe I was lucky and I wasn't going to have the dreaded morning sickness, but I was wrong. I was sick from about weeks 8-13. I thought at that point I was done, but then the sickness returned from weeks 15-17 or so. During this time the anticipation of finding out the gender of the baby was killing me. I had to know as soon as possible. Lucky for me, my mom offered to pay for me to go to Fetal Fotos so that I could find out at 14 weeks. The baby was not cooperative at all. We went in on 3 seperate occasions to determine the sex and the first 2 times the baby was crossing its legs. they were pretty sure from what they saw that it was a girl, but they wanted to be 100% sure. I was fine with that. I loved being able to have ultrasounds done frequently. I have been such a worrier this whole pregnancy and it was nice during the early months to see the baby's heartbeat. When we finally go the confirmation that it was a girl, I was extatic. Alissa was having a girl too and that meant we could raise our girls to be best friends too.

The last 3-4 months of this pregnancy have been pretty good over all. I really should not complain. I hardly feel pregnant besides the fact that I have gained 40+ lbs. I do have heartburn quite often, but other than that I feel great. I developed pregnancy carpal tunnel a few months ago, which I think has been the worst part of the pregnancy. My fingers are always numb and tingly and occasionally I cannot open or close my hands very easily. I just hope that as soon as I lose the water weight, everything goes back to normal.

My favorite part of being pregnant is feeling and seeing the baby move. It is so amazing what our bodies can do. The fact that an entire person is developing inside of me is incredible. William and I love this baby so much and we can't wait to meet her!



June 23, 2010- 5 weeks




July 20, 2010- 9 weeks






August 30, 2010- 14.5 weeks











September 13, 2010- 16 weeks














September 7, 2010- 15 weeks







3 comments:

Christine said...

holy cow you! i'm so happy for you and everything that you've been blessed with! i can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little kadynce. :)

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

Hooray! You blogged! I am so excited to meet Kadynce, and so is Tenley!

Mollie and Jason said...

Hi Sarah. I came across your blog and I hope that is ok. I am really happy for you and your family. You look amazing pregnant! By now you probably have your sweet baby. Enjoy every second!!!!