Getting the nursery ready for our little angel has been so fun. As soon as we found out we were having a girl I knew exactly what bedding I wanted for the crib. William told me that he didn't care what a picked and let me make the final decision. W picked out the furniture and set everything up with the bedding and William said, "I feel like we are having a 20 year old baby!" However I loved it. I was not in to the typical baby rooms and I knew that I wanted to do something more elegant that I could hang a chandelier in. I had this perfect image in my head of what I wanted and once we finished the room, my expetations were far exceeded. Thanks to my amazing husband who knows how to do everything, we were able to desing and create an amazing nursery. William insisted that I let him desing the room on Google Sketchup before we started building. It was awesome, we were able to put all of our ideas into this computer program and manipulate them into exactly what we wanted. William had this crazy idea to put fabric on the walls inside the wood framing but he didn't know how to do it. After looking around a little, I stumbled across a similar idea and all they did to hold the fabric up was put thumb tacks. So after a month of building, cutting, painting, changing paint, and sewing, we finally finished it. William promised me that it would be done by the time I had my first baby shower in December. It was the first time we finished a project my the deadline and didn't fight at all through the process.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
sarah! so glad you updated your blog. i love your nursury it turned out so cute! jordan wanted to do strips like your fabric ones but we couldn't figure out how ... we didn't think to use fabric so cute! any way i was wonder where you got the chandelier i have been looking for one for a year now and can't get myself to spend 100 dollars for one. also, congrats on getting sealed, looks like it was a perfect day. so happy for you! love cara
Love the nursery! Soo stinkin cute!
Post a Comment