Friday, February 18, 2011

Baby Showers!!!!!

Getting everything ready for Kadynce has been somewhat of a walk in the park thanks to all my wonderful family, friends, and neighbors. In preparation for this baby I literally have been "showered" with gifts. I had a total of five showers and Kadynce and I really got spoiled rotten. My first shower was on December 10, 2010 with my friends. I am so lucky to have such great friends. This shower was hosted by Alissa Miller, Andrea Behling, Dayna Adams, and Kristen Rockwood. They did such an amazing job putting it together and we had a great turn out. the refreshments were delicious and it was really fun to see my friends from high school.

All the awesome gifts I recieved!




Several of the girls who came were also pregnant. Kara, Alissa, Lauren, Kristen, Me, and Barbara.



Most of the girls who came. Cassidy, Me, Alissa, Andrea, Kristen, Lauren, Kara, and Dayna



Mindi and baby Hank were missing from the previous picture.



My second shower was on January 25, 2011 with my ward. this shower was hosted by Candice Lee, Cindy Timothy, Kim Cameron, and Krista Peck. I love these girls. They have been such good friends to me in the neighborhood and they are all such good examples of amazing mothers. The shower was great and the decorations were so cute! Again, I was spoiled rotten and even by people that I didn't even really know. I even had one woman ask me who I was as she proceeded to hand me a gift. Can we say AWKWARD!



Food display and decorations






Door decoration. This confused a few of Candice's neighbors!


My third shower was by far my biggest. It was held on February 5, 2011. there were at least 30 or more people there including family, close friends, and old neighbors. This was hosted by my mom Janet, Aunt Francis, Oma De Jong, and Mother-in-law Elsy. My mom is the greatest and she seriously went all out. I cannot believe how much time and effort she put into this. the details in this shower were beyond immaculate. I have such an amazing and caring mom. she really has spent years preparing for this shower. The memory game that she made for the shower, she made about 3 years ago and she has been collecting everything else ever since. I cannot express how grateful I am for my mom's efforts to make this my dream shower. I made fun of her a few weeks before the shower because she already had everything for the shower set up, decorations and all. She is going to be an amazing grandma. The shower was ABC themed and I recieved at least one gift for every letter of the alphabet. Then my mom gave me at least 10 more gifts on top of that. Needless to say, I did not need anything else after this shower!



Greeting decor



Fireplace display, created and designed by my mom






Food table display



Prize basket for games



Memory Game



Seating arrangements equipped with bingo card, clipboard, etc.



Door decoration. Baby Kadynce and her unusually pointy nose



Rice crispy treat bears made by my mom. Each one was decorated with a bow, binky, and face. So cute!



Cake from granite bakery. DELICIOUS!



Attendees




The giant mess after opening the abundance of gifts



Mom, Me, and old friend Ramona




My forth shower was with my young women's girls and leaders on February 9, 2011. it was so sweet of them to throw me a shower. I got a lot of really cute gifts ans we played a couple of fun games. However, if I am going to be serious about this mom thing, i really need to learn my nursery rhymes. We played a game based on them and I don't think I knew more than five. I also learned what baby food I wil not be feeding my children. There are a lot of disgusting food items out there in the baby world. Thanks for giving me this infor before I wasted my money!

Presents and decorations



Cute balloon flower decorations





Finally my last shower was with my work on February 10, 2011. Although I don't have any pictures to post, again I got more than I deserved. I love the people I work with. they are so supportive and so caring. they really went out of their way to make me feel special and important. they gave me soem of the necessities that I hadn't recieved and now we truly are ready for Kadynce to come! Any day now would be great!

1 comment:

ambs* said...

I hope you know how sad I was to have missed such a a special event in your life! My mom was so happy and loved getting the lullaby that your dad wrote! What an amazing family you are bringing together, not to mention the one that you already have! I love you much Sarah Do!