Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Opa!

This week my Opa celebrated his 90th birthday. I can't believe it. I really did not think that he would make it this long considering the health issues that he has been having throughout his life. But what a life he has had and I am sure he has some crazy stories to tell. My cute Oma went all out preparing a party for him and didn't let anyone help with anything. My family from california even flew in. It was so fun to see them. We are lucky if we even get to see them once a year. My Opa seemed to be in great spirits and seemed to enjoy himself despite our "poking" fun at him. He wore my Oma's tiara on his head in addition to his birthday hat most of the night. His favorite present that he got was a box of chocolates. If anyone knows anything about him, they know that he loves sweets. When I say loves, that is a complete understatement. After he opened the present, he was immediately prying open the box and digging in. Unfortunately, it happend to be at the time that we were trying to get a picture of the family. It took my dad and his two brothers to literally pry the box out of his hands. Then my cousin ran upstairs and hid the box. It was hilarious and a memory I will never forget. I hope that my Opa had the best birthday possible and I wish him many more!


Precious!

The girls pretending they are in an audition for the Bachelor



The infamous box of chocolates!





The cousins

No comments: