Sunday, October 23, 2011

7 Months!!!

We are mobile. That's right, Kadynce started crawling at 6 1/2 months. I can't believe my baby can crawl. I can't slow her down at all. She is all over the place. Taking care of a baby who can move is so much different. She gets into everything, and I discovered that her favorite food is paper. You heard me, paper. I think if I gave her a bowl of paper, she would gobble it up right away. If she finds it on the floor, it is in her mouth and she is chomping away. There are a few benefits to a mobile baby. First, you are constantly on your fit and getting a lot more exercise. Second, your house has to be a lot more clean. Babies get into anything that is within their reach and they are crawling all over the floors, so if they are dirty, it is all over their clothes and everything.
As usually, Kadynce has accomplished so much this month:
8-30-11: Says "dada"
Crawls 3 times
9-2-11: Stands with help
9-4-11: Gets first tooth "o"
9-6-11: Stands with couch
9-14-11: Gets second tooth "p"
Walks in walker
9-15-11: Claps hands
9-18-11: Crawls
9-21-11: First toothbrush
That is a lot of change in such a short amount of time. She amazes us every day. It seems like she learns something new every day or gets more responsive. She loves spending time with Grandma De Jong every day. They spend all their time singing songs, reading books, taking naps, and of coarse eating. Kadynce eats like a champ. she eats 6 containers of baby food per day in addition to having milk every 3 or so hours. It seems like she has gained a little bit of weight and is about 17.5 lbs. Weight gain, or not, we love every ounce of our baby girl and love to watch her grow and learn.
One day I was cleaning the house and Kadynce had just been following me around. I called her name several times and couldne't find her anywhere. Usually when I call for her, she yells back "huh". Well, finally I found her, she had crawled into the shower. She thought it was funny!

Isn't she sweet!

First look at her halloween costume, little Tinkerbell
Obviously, she thinks it is just another kind of food!
Trying on her new outfits for our photo shoot


Mommy's birthday. She loved opening all my presents for me.
Kadynce and Uncle Zach! Zach taught her how to stand up this day!
The only picture of my on my birthday. Of coarse I am feeding Kadynce. She is always eating!
So happy!
We went to the Hogle Zoo for the first time on my birthday weekend. This is Kadynce and her favorite stuffed animal.

She did not love the glasses I tried on her.
I think she was a little intimidated at first.
So big!
Asain highlands.
This was a tamarine monkey and was the only animal that Kadynce seemed to like a notice. the monkey kept running off and them coming back and starring at her. It was hilarious.



My little cheeta!
New toys from the zoo



I can't believe she can do this already

Some of Kadynce's sleeping habits are quite amusing. Sometimes when we put her to sleep she cries for a while and looks out of her crib through the slats, waiting for someone to save her. Obviously she gets a little tired from doing this.
I told you though, she loves her monkey. I quite often find her sleeping on top of it.
Or kissing it!



Again, sleeping on the monkey
Our future Utah cheerleader. Gotta start them young!
This month she discovered how fun the mirror is. Whenever I have her in front of the mirror I say, "who's that" To my surprise, one day she said it too, "who's dat". It was the cutest thing. She is quite amused by the fact that there is someone who looks like her on the other side.
Kisses!

After playing in the mirror for a while, we decided to crawl on the floor for a while. She just thought she would peek around the corner to see where I was before she came to find me.
When she first started to crawl, this was the face she would make. So serious and concentrating so hard.

New walking toy. She can't really walk with it yet, but she likes to play with it anyway.


Kadynce and her monkey again!
This was taken on the first day we brushed her teeth. She loved it. She couldn't get enough of the toothbrush and was mad when I took it away.
After we brushed her teeth, she decided it was time to brush mine.
This month, Kadynce also developed this hilarious, cheesy smile. Like mother, like daughter. Unfortunately, she might wrinkle her nose when she smiles really big.
One days when she was crawling around in our bedroom, she decided it would be fun to crawl under the bed. Once she got under there she couldn't get out and realized that her idea was not fun at all.
We went camping up above tribble fork reservoir in American fork Canyon September 23-25. It was really fun, and as usual, Kadynce did awesome. David brought some glow in the dark paint and did our initials on the trees. Oh, so sweet! William and Sarah forever!
My sleepy baby
Very hairy caterpiller. Kind of creepy!
Daddy and Kadynce reading a book! Kadynce loves story time.




I love her sad face even though I hate to make her sad.

1 comment:

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

She is SOOOOO stinkin adorable! I love the pic with you breast feeding. Totally the best!