Monday, March 29, 2010

Finally a Post!!!!!!!!!

I know that I have been such a slacker about this whole blogging business, but I am going to try to post something new every week. We will see how this goes.
I thought I would start by telling you about what has been going on in our lives lately. William and I hve both been super busy with work. When we are not working we have been either working on our house or going on vacation. We are currently trying to get everything done on our house because we have put it up on the market to sell. Although we love our neighboorhood and our neighbors (you know who you are), we just can't seem to love our house completely. We love the design of our house, but it is just too small to accomodate us. Who knew that two people and two dogs could occupy so much space. Until this weekend we had not been motivated to sell our house at all because we hadn't found anything we liked. We were totally looking at the listings with our eyes half open. We had been looking at forclosures only, but then we realized that there were so many more homes that were not bank owned and now we have found a house that we both love. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that we sell our house fast.
Anyways, besides all that work we have been doing, February was a month of vacations. I don't even know what happened to that month. I didn't even have time to put up decorations. :( But, on the bright side, we went snowboarding a few times, then went up to the Miller's cabin and went snowmobiling for the first time (thanks Alissa and Chris), and finally we went on our forever planned Hawaii trip. A word to the wise, make sure you check your e-mail confirmations for flight reservations. However, maybe we were wise. What was originally planned for a week long hawaiian getaway, turned into a 10 day trip, yee haw! William went to print our flight info a week before our trip, only to find out that our flight back was booked for a week after we were supposed to come back. We contacted delta and they explained that we would have to pay another $1400 between the four tickets to switch the flights. We thought, well we might as well stay another week and use the money for the hotel. Then my dad talked to a friend of his that works for delta, and he found that we could switch the flights for no charge. We decided since we were changing the flight that we might as well stay longer because we had found a cheap place to stay for the remaining days (thanks Connie and Robert). After all the hassle, everything worked out and the trip was awesome. We think that we will try to go their every year. So here are some pictures of the vacation. I have a lot more to post, but they will come at a later date. Enjoy!



Monk Seal just hanging out on the beach.



Last Dinner in Hawaii! Boy do I miss that tan, not the hair though!





Zach taking a picture on me taking a picture of him.





Last day on the beach! So much fun!




Opekaa Falls. I look uncomfortable.




Secret Falls, some guy really did not know how to take this picture clearly!




Secret Falls




Arrival at Secret Falls. This tour involved kayaking a few miles to this trail and they goikng back. The guy who we rented from said that it would take us 5 hours. We were done in about
2 1/2. Oh well it was really fun anyway.







Dolphin swimming next to our boat on the boat tour that William and I slept through. Some advice, do not take dramamine. You will sleep through the whole thing and waste $280.






The Hilton hotel checking out the parrots.









Shipreck Beach. Zach and Cary jump off this cliff every year. I was totally ready to do it until on they way up the trail they told me that last year when they went one of the people they were with broke their tail bone. Needless to say, I did not jump!




Napali Coast






Just stopping to smell the flowers! Really mocking a bridal photo of mine! Nice!






I am glad William is comfortable enough around my family to take this picture.



Climbing out of the blue room cave.






My little monkey!



Napali Coast



Napali Coast at least 100ft up



Yoga in the rainforest



Beginning of the Napali Coast hike



Here's the family ready to go



All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go!



5 comments:

The Hale Family said...

Ah, we are going to Hawaii in June... I can't wait after seeing your great photos.. It is so beautiful there. Glad to see you guys are doing well. You guys are so cute together! My blog is now private so if you want to see it at all, e-mail me on facebook.

Angie said...

Glad to see that you're still alive! :) It's good to hear from you. And wow, your vacation pictures look amazing!! That would be incredible to be able to go there every year. It looks like it was an awesome trip. Good luck on selling your house!

Barbara Knaub said...

Yay! I am so glad you blogged! I haven't seen you forever! Hawaii looks so fun. I jumped off that cliff a few years ago. I hope you guys sell your house fast. Good Luck!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

Hooray!! You posted!!! I wish I was in Hawaii with you!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

hooray a post!!! Love you Sarah. Lets play soon! xoxo